Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
accounting job from home, You will manage risk functions at the regional, country program and partner levels and assist the regional and country level management to proactively manage risk. You will develop, analyze and implement systems, processes and controls that enhance agency operational efficiency and promote competitiveness across operational areas. You will also be instrumental in regional and country-level capacity-building in identification, assessment and management of all categories of risks identified in external & internal Audit reports and Risk Assessments. Your knowledge and guidance will reduce risk to staff, to the effectiveness of our programming and to the people we serve through the application of the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with audit, risk and compliance leads in HQ and the regional level and CP leadership on implementing and strengthening internal control systems and continuous process performance improvement.
- Monitor regional compliance with subrecipient financial monitoring and other donor compliance metrics. Provide direct coaching, follow up, and support to country program staff in these areas.
- Anticipate and identify risk issues and challenges and the most appropriate solutions to address them. Lead and support region and country programs to implement these solutions.
- In collaboration with CP management, plan and perform regular transaction processing reviews, , other control reviews, fraud allegation reviews, and compliance assessments. Analyze results and provide recommendations.
- In collaboration with CP management, programming, and/or operation leads, design and facilitate relevant risk training sessions and contribute to relevant components of institutional capacity strengthening plans for CRS and partners.
- Serve as liaison and support external audits. Coordinate action plans to close out audit findings.
- Facilitate and organize trainings and other capacity building activities on matters related to risk management and compliance for both CRS and partner staff
- Review, assist and support in developing operational processes for large grants following donor awards. Ensure full awareness of compliance requirements by the consortium members or partners right from the start of the award.
- As required, travel to high-risk country contexts (for example emergency response, new office or new program start up, staff turnover) to provide temporary direct management support and risk / compliance oversight across operational functions as acting Head of Operations or Finance Manager.
Required Languages – Strong verbal and written English.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%, particularly to Sudan and South Sudan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills
- Ability to make sound judgment
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented