Sales Operations Analyst Job Nairobi
Pesapal provides a simple, safe and secure way for individuals and businesses to make and accept payments in Africa. Pesapal payments work on the internet and directly on the handset. We partner with Banks, Mobile Network Operators and Credit Card companies to give consumers as many payment options as possible. For businesses, we offer timely settlement of any payments to their bank account of choice. We have security features in place to protect our buyers and sellers by ensuring all information is encrypted and secured, with notifications sent for activities within their account.Pesapal is also PCI/DSS Level 1 compliant
- The Sales Operations Analyst is a Sector specific role, responsible for gathering, analyzing, and presenting data to optimize the sales process. This role will focus on ‘Top of Funnel’ practices, processes, operating procedures, and technology standards as related to: Lead Generation, Distribution and Routing and scoring / prioritization, merchant profiling and conducting sales productivity analysis and providing recommendations etc.
Sector-Specific Market Analysis
- Analyze market trends and competitive landscapes within the assigned Sector.
- Provide insights and recommendations to enhance our competitive positioning and capitalize on market opportunities.
Sales Operations Support
- Work directly with sales teams and leaders to leverage key sales operations reporting and data.
- Represent sales operations in weekly sector meetings to forecast and manage sales pipeline, identifying progress, and resolve blockers to ensure alignment with sales targets.
- Monitor and manage the health of the sales pipeline by ensuring data accuracy and quality.
- Track and analyze key pipeline metrics to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide CRM support to the sales team and interface with cross-functional teams on queries related to revenue recognition, compliance and training
- Analyze inventory/tools of trade, sales practices, and turnover rates geared towards facilitating timely delivery of inventory to salespeople and merchants to support sales activities.
- Prequalification of inbound leads
- Monitor the conversion rates of all leads in the sector
- Act as the main point of contact for merchant profiling, approval, and onboarding processes.
- Channel information effectively between teams and stakeholders to streamline the onboarding experience.
- Maintain accurate client data within CRM systems and generate regular sales performance reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Lead the design and development of essential sales operations reports such as route plans, territory assessments etc.
- Generate actionable insights from reports on TPV per POS, closed/won/loss, partnership effectiveness, and sales pipeline health.
- Analyze trends and identify opportunities for improvement through reports on inactive merchants/churn, product usage, portfolio management, terminal performance, sales effectiveness, and lead generation.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ proven experience as a sales analyst or in a similar role preferably in the financial services Industry.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization tools such as Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Snowflake or Power BI
- Proven experience with CRM (salesforce, Zoho, HubSpot) to manage customer data, track sales activities, and generate reports. Experience in Zoho will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data sets and generate actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate findings and recommendations to diverse audiences.
Sales Operations Analyst Job Nairobi