We are People First Recruitment your award winning specialist recruitment provider with teams focused on Supply Chain vacancies, Mandarin recruitment, Japanese jobs and other Multilingual recruitment. Since 1997, we have built up an enviable reputation within the UK and cross border into Europe, Africa and Asia. People First Team China focuses on Mandarin Jobs and also recruits for Cantonese jobs in London & the UK People First Team Japan specialises in recruiting for Japanese Jobs in the UK People First Supply Chain recruits for Supply Chain jobs & also those in Demand Planning and Procurement. People First Multilingual covers language jobs for European and other Asian languages. We provide international talent solutions for companies ranging from SMEs to large global corporations and across a wide range of industries including: Banking & Financial Services, Technology, FMCGs,
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: January / 10 / 2024
- Location: Central London, United Kingdom
- Experience: 3 Years
- Gender: Both
- Industry: Accountant
- Qualification: Certificate
- Career Level: Officer
- Postal Code: EC1A
What You’ll be Doing Each Day:
- Carry out risk based audits across the business and other projects as assigned by senior management, to provide assurance that material risks faced by the bank are being adequately managed;
- Develop, implementing and maintaining internal audit related policies/procedures
- Execute and help to develop the London branch Internal audit plan;
- Support the continual development of the internal audit methodology;
- Audit various business areas of the bank in in line with strategic instructions;
- Assess, identify and report any issues of weakness within control and devise remediating solutions for any issues found;
- Work alongside internal departments to analyse issues and formulate resolutions
- Ensure our internal audit process and reports are aligned with local regulations and Head Office’s requirements;
- Other Ad hoc duties as required
The skills you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Solid internal or external audit related work experience gained within UK banking / big 4 accounting firms / finance sectors, ideally within international branch;
- Exposure to wholesale and corporate banking activities;
- Good report writing and communication skills;
- Demonstrable good understand of audit and up-to-date technical knowledge;
- CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIA qualified preferred, or working towards these qualifications;
- Working experience in top auditing firm viewed favourably but not essential;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a small sized and multicultural environment.
- Results and detail-orientation.
- Ability to multitask.
- As we are a growing bank, we are looking for candidate who is willing to assist with non-audit work within Comprehensive Management Department when required.