About the job
Career with BRAC International
BRAC International is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
In 2006, BRAC started operating in Africa by applying the tested and successful approaches in Bangladesh for African contexts. Currently, BRAC works in six African countries of Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. With the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, BRAC is committed to supporting the poor in Africa to tackle social exclusion and injustice and gain greater access to and control of basic assets and resources. BRAC International Regional office was registered in 2018 and currently has a team of about 20 staff within the NGO and Microfinance teams. The Regional office works closely with Africa country offices, BRAC affiliates in the USA, UK, Netherlands and Head office in Bangladesh to ensure BRAC International Programmes are of high quality with desired impact amongst communities we work with.
BRAC International (BI) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Administration Officer, Africa Regional Office
The position holder will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support, managing schedules, and helping to streamline daily operations. S/he will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries. Main duties include managing office stock, preparing regular reports (for example expenses and office budgets) and organizing company records.
Financial Reporting and analysis:
- Ensure effective front office management to maintain a positive image of the organisation.
- Assist in office management efforts to maintain a pleasant and professional physical working environment.
- Manage office supplies, requisition new supplies as needed, and ensure proper stock levels at all times.
- Prepare and organise meetings, conferences and organisational events.
- Ensure functionality of necessary office equipment and consumables, and requisitioning new equipment and supplies as needed.
- Ensure maintenance of the organizational calendar, schedule appointments, book and allocate meeting rooms as required.
- In charge of coordinating travel arrangements, including flights, accommodations, and itineraries and ensure travel plans align with organizational policies and keeping track of the travels.
- Troubleshoot basic IT requests for the staff.
- Provide administrative support to staff as required.
- Understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Diploma certificate in Administration or related field.
- Solid knowledge of office procedures.
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically) and basic IT skills.
- Strong organisation skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Minimum 02 years’ work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC Regional Office Nairobi, Kenya
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV and a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience in one pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position Administration Officer in the subject bar. This is a national position and only Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 05 February, 2024
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer