Reporting to the Agency Sales Team Leader, the incumbents will be tasked with growing advertising revenue for Radio Africa Limited.
- Develop strategic and competitive agency sales marketing concepts.
- Visit agencies and make sales pitches and ensure swift and efficient closure of the deal.
- Maintain effective customer care.
- Submit weekly forecasts to help determine which agencies to critically focus on to maximize sales volume and growth.
- Adhere fully to the agency activities so as grow the client base and meet set targets.
- Follow up on collections and ensure timely payment by all clients.
- Adhere to the company’s credit policy with no debt beyond the 30-day credit period.
- Provide excellent account management and in line with this cultivate first point contact between the stations and agencies and use excellent interpersonal skills to keep the business relationships strong.
- Undertake a strategic and value adding approach to selling.
- Handle sales administrative issues as necessary.
- Conduct price, customer satisfaction surveys and other market research in liaison with the Research and Development Department.
- Conduct market intelligence on media gaps and business opportunities and guide the Sponsorship and Promotions team on opportunities on the ground and how best to take advantage of them.
- Work closely with the Sponsorship & Promotions and the Creative section to prepare briefs that can sell and position them as per the Company’s strategy.
- Prepare weekly reports and any other reports as agreed with the Agency Sales Manager to provide timely guidance on any intervention.
- Reconcile customers’ accounts on a monthly basis and work with accounts to ensure monthly statements are signed off and dispatched to all agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
More Details on Experience
- At least 2 – 3 years in a similar position in the media or a related field
- Proven track record of people management
More Details on Skills
- Strong Proposal writing skills, business acumen & results-oriented attitude.
- Strong communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of the market and the potential for sales growth
- An influential market changer
- Aggressive and self driven with a strong relationship bias.
- Highly intelligent, numeric and digital savvy.
- Have strong business acumen.