MDM Resourcing are experienced specialists, focused on finding the finest finance candidates for Businesses, Private Equity Houses, Corporate Finance teams and Professional Practices in the North West of England Listen, Consider, Advise, Deliver. Since 1999 we have been identifying the finest finance talent that the market can offer. We are specialists in the North West market and our approach is different to the norm in recruitment; we are a genuine consultancy, our service is highly personalised and we always take the long term view.
Our client is a substantial, profitable AIM listed technology business whose turnover is growing at c40% per annum. With offices across Europe, Australasia and North America, the Group boasts a customer base comprising many of the world’s leading Blue Chip retailers and brands.
With strong profit growth and highly cash generative, a new role is being created to support the Group’s growth and which is intended to progress into the Financial Controller role in due course.
Based in Manchester City Centre, the business has a fun and lively work culture and a very relaxed approach to flexible working.
Salary: Up to £60,000 + excellent benefits, bonus, pension
Location: Manchester City Centre
Qualifications: ACA / ACCA
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Financial Controller role is responsible for supporting the FC as follows:
- Accounting: Ensure correct application of technical accounting standards around revenue recognition (IFRS15)
- Reporting: Assist the FC in preparation of monthly management reporting and interim and annual financial statements
- Controls: Maintain key balance sheet controls and reconciliation
- Audit: Play a key role in ensuring a smooth annual audit process
- Tax: Assist with preparation of corporation tax returns in all territories
- Systems: Assist in introduction of AI/Automation to ensure that the business is well placed to scale for continued growth
- Forecasting: Developing the Group’s cash forecasting models
The business is a real team effort and is centred around the values of Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Passion, Teamwork and Kindness and the business recruits with these values in mind.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- ACA, ACCA or ACMA qualified – probably 0 to 3 years qualified;
- You will have trained and qualified in audit with an accountancy firm of scale;
- Sound technical accounting skills and experience with IFRS;
- You’ll be passionate and enthusiastic about what you do, a great communicator and relationship builder.