Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS”
Reporting to the Security Manager or his designate, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure the overall safety and security of the hotel guests, Colleagues and hotel premises.
- A member of the Emergency Response and Health & Safety Teams
- Supervision of Security Guards, whether outsourced or internal
- CCTV surveillance and analysis
- Tracing and liaison with relevant authorities for Hotel Licenses and permit renewals.
- Maintaining a daily vehicle movement log system
- Ensure that any violations to law or Hotel Policy is investigated and reported.
- Respond to and report all Fire Life and Safety emergency situations
- Provide First Aid and C.P.R. as required
- Correct and report any fire hazards or health and safety hazards
- Investigate and provide daily and monthly incident reports of occurrences of accidents, complaints, criminal activity, and crisis situations
- Conduct regular floor patrols, cash counts and crowd control
- Conduct departmental key control audits and maintain key control records
- Maintain computer records of all actions in a Daily Activity Report and provide monthly summaries
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures, and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a Security role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
- Certification in CPR First Aid required
- Previous police or armed forces experience an asset
- Relevant College diploma in a related discipline preferred
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps