Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
The Budget and Cost Lead will design and implement effective budgeting policies and procedures and offer suggestions on spending to optimize cost and budgets. Their responsible to ensure that the Bank achieves its target Cost to Income Ratio.
Budget, Budget variance, cost optimization and reporting
1. Working with the Finance Business Partners and Head of Business performance
2. Develop overall Bank budget for the next financial year.
3. Track and analyze performance vs budget across the Bank.
4. Review and drive optimization across the Bank to maximize on spend vis a vis benefits.
5. Attend budget meetings, work with finance team to develop budgets, anal oversee Implementation of the approved budget.
6. Working with the Fixed Assets teams, track actual spend vis a vis approved budget on assets and projects. Proactively identify variances and communication. to the relevant teams.
7. Working with Head Business Performance and Finance Business Partners, identify variances between actual and budgeted results at the end of each reporting period and seek remediation from the user departments.
8. Any other duties that may be given from time to time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCE AND EXPERIENCE
– A degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, or related field
– A master’s degree in economics, finance, or business administration wi11 be an added advantage.
– Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office suite especially excels and PowerPoint
– Good understanding of banking business and drivers of performance.
– Strong analytical skills
– Good Knowledge of general accounting principle and practices
– Highly developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills
– Commercial awareness of the bank and the industry
: Day Job
: Jan 12, 2024, 4:57:10 PM