About the job
Who we are:
Dalberg Research provides research and analysis that offers clients actionable solutions to their problems. We are a mission driven full-service research agency answering questions about markets, consumers and lifestyles across more than 30 countries via quantitative and qualitative studies. We specialize in the inventory, collection, and analysis of primary research data for businesses, NGOs, governments and other institutions. Dalberg Research is part of the global Dalberg Group.
About your role:
Reporting to the Data Processing Manager, you will drive projects within data processing function to support the core business within Primary Research. Key to this will be through effective coordination with Field and Primary Research teams on timely delivery of projects.
You will be an active member of the team, contributing to internal knowledge sharing. This is a great opportunity to use your existing team engagement and technical skills, while growing your capabilities within our rapidly expanding company.
- Liaise with Primary Research team during proposal writing to inform on data quality control procedures, cleaning processes and analysis.
- Attend all projects kick-off through physical attendance for Kenyan projects and virtual meetings for projects done in other countries.
- Ensure that data processing operations are properly documented to improve transparency and for future references.
- Carry out data analysis based on data processing instructions (DPls) provided by the client or the Primary Research team. The data could be a primary data where you were involved during data collection or a secondary that needs analysis.
- Advise clients and the project teams on relevant statistical approaches such as descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, regression analysis as well as predictive modelling.
- Document data analysis results in a clear and concise manner.
- Create data visualizations to effectively convey findings e.g. using Power Bl, R ShinyApp, Tableau etc.
- Provide statistical and technical expertise on data mining and data mining sources.
- Develop and implement data processing quality control procedures that optimize efficiency and quality.
- Liaise with other departments when need be.
- Carry out presentations on behalf of Dalberg Research Limited to project teams or clients whenever requested.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ working experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite- Excel, Word and PowerPoint Skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis software such as R, Stata or SAS.
- Sound analytical and advanced excel skills.
- Knowledge of data privacy principles.
- Knowledge of statistical methods such as descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Good communication, organizational, planning and execution skills.
- Have a sense of urgency, attention for detail and good numeracy skills.
- Ability to accept accountability, results oriented approach to achievement of objectives.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work both independently, efficiently and effectively as well as in collaboration with people at various levels.
- Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience.
- Unquestionable integrity, confidentiality and respect.
You must also be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in and commitment to the field.
Our team encompasses professionals with diverse skills. You will learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to be developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our objectives, clients and markets we serve.