The Data Quality Assessment (DQA) Monitor will work under the supervision of the DQA Team Lead and will support other DQA Monitors on data submission and data quality control with SMLP-2’s field office. The DQA Monitor will determine the extent to which data reported by each USAID implementing partner (IP) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) system meets USAID’s established data quality standards. The FY2024 DQA Monitor will assess 18 indicators reported by six IPs. The DQA Monitor will work between January and April 2024. The effort will include a training for IPs, document review, IP site visits and data verification visits, follow-up on past DQA recommendations, documenting and disseminating findings and recommendations, and capacity-building for IPs when indicated. This is a Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) position. The Level of Effort required to complete this assignment is: Up to 15 Days (January 1 – April 30, 2024).
- Complete indicator desk review.
- Conduct site visits, review data collection and management systems, and complete DQA checklist.
- Complete checklists and IP reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development studies, MEL or other relevant disciplines is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum two years of professional work experience collecting or managing USAID indicator data is required.
- Minimum two years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection in development and humanitarian context is required.
- Experience working with donor-funded projects in Somalia, or work experience in Somalia is preferred.
- Experience working in emergency assistance sectors, such as FA, Health and Nutrition is preferred.
- Familiarity with issues related to the implementation of humanitarian assistance activities for refugees and IDPs, food aid, and multi-sector humanitarian assistance in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Familiarity with the operations of BHA-funded programs in Somalia is highly desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and team management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.