In 1907, history was made when Fairmont San Francisco, Nob Hill’s grand dame, opened its doors. The iconic hotel soon became the city’s venue of choice for glittering balls, presidential visits and political gatherings, making the name Fairmont synonymous with “place of occasion”. With this auspicious beginning, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts brand was born.
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: January / 16 / 2024
- Location: Nairobi City, Kenya
- Experience: 3 Years
- Gender: Both
- Industry: Project Management
- Qualification: Certificate
- Career Level: Manager
- Postal Code: 00100
What’s in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide.
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct daily briefings and ensure that all pertinent information is well received by team members.
- Manage and supervise all tasks of his/her staff to ensure that highest quality service is delivered and department standards are met.
- Review, analyze and suggest improvement of work flow and standards at the Front Desk.
- Analyze rate variance report to ensure rooms revenue control, approve discounts and rebates.
- Communicate with Front Office Manager on all matters regarding guest services & hotel operations.
- Ensure documentation of all guest related issues using the logbook.
- Supervise shift handover procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate with other hotel departments as required regarding general administration and operations issues.
- Provide management presence at all times by assisting with the handling of guests’ needs and complaints tactfully and efficiently.
- Assist Guest Relations in greeting, rooming, and sending off guests.
- Inspect front of house and back of house regularly for cleanliness and orderliness.
- Ensure that front line staff complies with marketing techniques and maximizes sales.
- Check billing instructions, monitor guest credit and act upon any discrepancies.
- Coordinate full house situations and makes all necessary arrangements to handle overbooking and pledge relocates.
- Ensure driveways are manned at all times and run efficiently.
- Ensure the Safety, Security and Loss Control policies and procedures are compiled with at the lobby and driveway.
- Require to make objective decisions and handle any complaints and emergencies in a level-headed manner.
- Conduct Night Audit Process for hotel.
- Provide department orientation and training of the hotel service standards, procedures and programs.
- Constantly monitor team members’ appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism.
- Motivate and provides a work environment which brings out the best in team members.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all food & beverage services, outlets and hotel services/features; and ensure team members are constantly updated on these.
- Be fully familiar with the Emergency Procedures, Policies and Standard Operating Procedures established by the Hotel.
- Attend all briefings, meetings and trainings as assigned by management
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous leadership experience required
- Previous PMS experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to to apply
Build your CV for free.