Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
Drive financial results by partnering with assigned business units through periodic performance reviews, budgeting and planning and performance monitoring.
Drive revenue growth and cost optimization and analysis. He/ She will provide support and challenge segment heads, sector heads and product owners to achieve EBKL’s strategic plan.
The finance business partner will act as the key interface between Finance and business teams by
developing and maintaining accurate knowledge and understanding of the products and services offered by the bank.
1. Business Partnering
• Act as the key interface between business units and finance on all finance related decisions like budgeting, Business case analysis, contract review and negotiations, unusual! accounting support.
• The finance business partner will work with assigned business unit to prepare budgets and track strategic objectives against targets.
• Ensure Capital budgets for the business units are reviewed and approved.
• Track business unit actual performance vs budget
• Support on any exceptional budget request
3. Performance Management
• Work with business units to develop unit scorecard.
• Support on scorecard performance for the business unit.
• Provide insights to the business unit on customer profitability, channel profitability and product profitability.
• Identify, research, and provide information on market trends and its impact on the Business.
4. Capex appraisal and Benefit Realization
• Support on business case development and approval.
• Track and measure benefit realization from implemented projects and Capex spend by the business unit against the business case projections.
5. Cost management
• Drive cost optimization initiatives within the business units.
• Review contracts from the business unit to ensure accuracy of agreed scope and costs.
• Participate in contract negotiations relating to the business units.
6. Product Pricing
• Advise the business unit on the best pricing point for new products and conduct review of existing product pricing.
7. Any other duties that might be required to be carried out.
REQUIRED COMPETENCE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or business-related course.
• CPA K/ACCA required.
• Data analytic tools such as power BI, SQL will be an added advantage.
• Expert level understanding of income statement, balance sheet, margin returns, variance analysis, capital and liquidity requirements, revenues, head count analytics, and other key ratios through business engagement.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Can develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles and organizational levels to drive cross-functional initiatives involving teammates from across the organization.
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
• Good presentation skills with ability to break down complex concepts to be easily understood across all levels.
• Familiar with financial controls.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 3 years plus experience in Finance business partnering, financial statement analysis or performance analyst.
: Day Job
: Jan 12, 2024, 4:59:42 PM