We’re Kingfisher, A team made up of over 82,000 passionate people who bring Kingfisher – and all our other brands: B&Q, Screwfix, Brico Depot, Castorama and Koctas – to life. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
At Kingfisher our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to ensure that all colleagues, future colleagues, and applicants to Kingfisher are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
We are open to flexible and agile working, both of hours and location. Therefore, we offer colleagues a blend of working from home and our offices, located in London, Southampton & Yeovil. Talk to us about how we can best support you!
We’re recruiting for a forward-thinking Group Category Manager within the Warehousing & Fleet Category to Build and manage a long-term category strategy for best GNFR spend value, that delivers “Powered by Kingfisher” strategic priorities whilst balancing sustainability, risk, quality, operational, technical, legal & financial requirements, and objectives.
What’s the job?
- Manage Category Performance in all its dimensions: saving forecast, spend waterfall, contracts coverage, preferred supplier list
- Analyse: Internal expenditure, budget, supplier & market data
- Research Market Intelligence to generate category insights dynamically
- Build and align category strategy with stakeholders which delivers substantial benefits
- Convert Category Strategy into annual portfolio of local & group initiative
- Prepare & communicate strategic presentations & reports to stakeholders
- Implement custom management practices for each Supplier Segment, developing partnerships for optimum performance & competitiveness
What you’ll bring
- Experience operating in a global / multi-cultural / matrix organisation
- Experience as a senior category manager in indirect procurement
- Manage GNFR spend of ~£500m, 200+ suppliers
- Category transformation / performance management
- End-to-end strategic sourcing / Strategic Supplier Relationship Management
At Kingfisher, we value the perspectives that any new team members bring, and we want to hear from you. We encourage you to apply for one of our roles even if you do not feel you meet 100% of the requirements.
In return, we offer an inclusive environment, where what you can achieve is limited only by your imagination! We encourage new ideas, actively support experimentation, and strive to build an environment where everyone can be their best self.
We also offer a competitive benefits package and plenty of opportunities to stretch and grow your career.
Interested? Great, apply now and help us to Power the Possible