We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
- Conducting microbial testing analysis of samples in accordance to standard operating procedures, techniques, national, international and industry standards or client’s guidelines.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with the laboratory’s QA/QC system and more especially ISO/IEC 17025. In addition, ensure GLP compliance where applicable.
- Ensure that set Turnaround time for every sample submitted is adhered to and that clients’ testing requirement are fully met including application of correct methods/standard.
- Adhere to health and safety measures in regard to general hygiene, sample testing, sample retention, disposal/destruction.
- Keep abreast with the latest development of analytical standards related to microbiology and food technologies in order to continuously develop new methods and capabilities for validation and final adoption.
- To ensure that the results and test data produced is accurate, reliable and within acceptable repeatability/reproducibility Statements should start with a verb including what, how and why.
- To ensure that all laboratory activities are carried out in safe manner and any unsafe situation is reported promptly to management for necessary action.
- To ensure that process control form is strictly followed and fully completed throughout the analysis process.
- To ensure that raw data of analyses carried out clearly supports results obtained prior to subsequent approvals
- Responsible for housekeeping in the laboratory and ensuring that work is carried out in a clean and safe environment.
- Ensure that work records, samples and auxiliary documents are kept properly and organized in such manner as to be easy to retrieve and process.
- To work in a flexible manner /pattern so that resources are aligned to workload, thus meeting customer needs for 24hrs,365-day service whilst still maintaining a long term, viable and competitive business for SGS.
- Ensure competency issues are highlighted and appropriate training is provided according with experience, in either capacity as mentor or trainee to enable personal development which will benefit the laboratory team and maximize potential shortfalls in skills/experience in laboratory resources.
- Any other duties assigned to you from time to time by Management.
- A degree in Microbiology, Food nutrition, Food Science and Technology or equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
- At least 2 years laboratory testing experience preferably in a multi-purpose laboratory and has satisfied the management for his/her capability in application of the relevant testing protocol.
- Good knowledge of ISO 17025, ISO 9001, GLP, HACCP and HSE standards and have sound knowledge of laboratory instruments such as the incubators, ovens, autoclaves and biosafety cabinet
- Work with minimum supervision.
The incumbents will be involved in Laboratory analysis activities for the company. He/she will be involved in ensuring that all activities are carried out in compliance with the laboratory’s QA/QC system and more specifically ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
Mombasa, Mombasa County, Kenya