We are a group of recruitment businesses that was first set up by Keith Dawe, a Bristol-based entrepreneur, over 40yrs ago. We have turned Sanderson Solutions Group from a small Bristol business into the international player that it is today. We now operate Sanderson, our principal company alongside a multitude of other businesses, such as Method, Amber, Fuse, Hingham’s, and more. It is with Keith’s unrivalled knowledge and experience, along with our senior leadership team, that we are able to turn a seed of a recruitment business into a £multi-million operation. We work with businesses in many ways, from acquisitions and mergers to investments only. Get in touch to find out how we can help you.
|Oracle DBA – Newcastle
|Government / Defence
|Newcastle upon Tyne
|£40000-£45000 SC Bonus
Join our team at a market-leading IT solutions company dedicated to delivering cutting-edge technology solutions to businesses worldwide. With a commitment to excellence and a passion for innovation, we empower organisations to thrive in the digital era.
As an Oracle Database Analyst at our company, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficiency, security, and integrity of Oracle databases for our clients. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, analyse and implement strategic solutions, and contribute to the ongoing success of our clients and the advancement of our company.
- Install, configure, and maintain Oracle database instances.
- Conduct regular database monitoring and performance tuning for optimal system functionality.
- Implement and maintain robust database security measures.
- Work closely with development teams to design and deploy effective database solutions.
- Execute regular backups and implement disaster recovery plans.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database-related issues, providing effective resolutions.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices to enhance database performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an Oracle Database Analyst or in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle database technologies and PL/SQL.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimisation, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery processes.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) certification.
- Familiarity with other database technologies (e.g., MySQL, SQL Server).
- Exposure to cloud database services (e.g., Oracle Cloud, AWS RDS).