About The Role
BURN is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join our team as a Policy Lead- Electric. This role will play a crucial part in shaping and influencing electric policies on a global scale, supporting our mission to drive positive change in the clean cooking industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Government Relationships:
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with government officials and agencies at various levels.
- Collaborate with policymakers to understand their priorities and contribute insights to inform electric policy development.
- Become an Expert in Electric Policy Globally:
- Stay abreast of global electric policy trends, regulations, and developments.
- Conduct thorough research to become an authoritative expert in electric policy matters.
- Lead Response to Government/Non-Profit Consultations:
- Coordinate and lead responses to government and non-profit consultations on electric policy issues.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure comprehensive and well-informed responses.
- Attend Government Committee & Stakeholder Meetings:
- Act as a representative of [Your Organization Name] at government committee meetings, hearings, and stakeholder engagements.
- Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders to foster collaboration and support for electric policy initiatives.
- Write White Papers:
- Develop well-researched and articulate white papers on electric policy topics.
- Communicate complex policy issues in a clear and accessible manner for diverse audiences.
- Lobbying for E-Cooking Tariff (Including Modeling/Strategy on Design):
- Advocate for the implementation of e-cooking tariff policies through effective lobbying efforts.
- Develop and execute strategies, including modelling, to influence the design and adoption of favourable e-cooking tariff policies.
Skills and Experience:
- Legal Skills:
- A strong legal background with a degree in Law, specializing in environmental law or related fields.
- Proven experience in interpreting and navigating complex legal frameworks related to carbon policies.
- Knowledge of Government Structures:
- In-depth understanding of government structures at local, national, and international levels.
- Familiarity with the legislative processes and decision-making mechanisms related to environmental and carbon policy.
- Existing Government Contacts:
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating and maintaining relationships with government officials and relevant decision-makers.
- Proven experience in carbon policy, with a strong track record of engagement with government bodies and stakeholders.
- Existing network within government circles, facilitating effective communication and collaboration.
- Carbon Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of carbon policies, emissions trading systems, and international agreements related to climate change.
- Proven experience working with carbon-related regulations and a keen awareness of emerging trends in the field.
- Public Speaking Skills:
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills to effectively communicate complex carbon policy issues to diverse audiences.
- Ability to represent the organization at conferences, workshops, and government-related events.
Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
Powered by JazzHR
Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya