Stream is looking for a React Native Team Lead to take our React Native SDK team to the next level. This is a full-time job, either onsite in our Amsterdam office or remotely in the EU. Relocation support and visa sponsorship is possible.
What you will be doing
Your main focus will be to lead our React Native SDK team, responsible for our React Native Chat and Video SDKs Team leads at Stream are very hands-on, and you will spend most of your time coding and working on the tech side of things. You will spend 80% of your time doing IC work and the rest managing team and projects.
You will collaborate closely with the other SDK teams (native mobile, Flutter, React), the backend API, Design, and Devrel teams.
- Lead the technical execution for all our React Native SDKs and ensure our customers get the best React Native SDK they can get in terms of ease of use, features, and stability
- Own the developer experience for our customers and make sure that the SDK is well-documented and easy to use for all supported use-cases
- Hiring and managing the React Native team. As a Team Lead, you maintain a high-quality execution for the entire team and hold yourself and the entire team accountable
- Planning and execution of the technical roadmap for React Native chat and video SDKs
- Assist customers and prospects with implementation, respond to GitHub issues, and review open-source contributions
What makes this role exciting?
- A unique opportunity among the React Native jobs of working on open-source SDK and write code to be used by other developers
- Providing the best developer experience as a business priority: software quality, performance, testing, and following best practices matter a lot to us
- Hands-on management: our team leads spend 80% of their time coding and tackling complex tech challenges (even our C-level is still hands-on to some extent)
- The very talented and motivated engineering team from all over the globe