- Date Posted January 18, 2024
- Location Nakuru, Kenya
- Category Business Development
- Expiration date–
- Postal Code 20100
locations Nakuru Requisition idR-15936497
Empowering Africa’s tomorrow, together…one story at a time.
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To manage and sustain a relationship with Business Banking customers, building long-term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
• The primary objective is to maximize sustainable risk-adjusted / EP portfolio contribution.
• The jobholder will additionally be responsible for business development both with new customers and with his/her existing portfolio.
Key accountabilities/Deliverables/Outcomes and approximate Time split.
Sales and Service: – Time split: 70%
- Conduct annual review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances [risk profile] dictate).
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Determine the key messages, e.g., agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes. Calculating the most appropriate means of communicating them to customers.
- Deal with, and find resolutions for, customer complaints.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Plan and co-ordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships. Co-ordinate approaches to the portfolio by businesses across the Group.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
Business Management: -Time split: 25%
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritization Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information (They will work closely with SME Credit)
- Monitor and control the quality of the portfolio using “Condition of Sanction” triggers where possible and in accordance with RM guidelines and Bank policy.
- Manage “Early Warning List” customers to reduce risk, following H.O. and Regional guidance provided.
- Adhere to procedures and guidelines within the BB RMCD.
Staff Management: – Time split:5%
- Day-to-day support to Enterprise Bankers and branch staff in provision of consistent service quality and risk.
- Manage own leave plan.
- Offer support as per business request.
Risk & Control Objective Time split 100%
“Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Bank Kenya Plc Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Education: Business Degree
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
- The jobholder will be required to have a detailed knowledge of the core set of Business Banking products.
- For Complex products, a good knowledge will be required sufficient to: –
- Recognize the changing needs of the customer.
- Identify products/service that best satisfies customer need.
- Introduce the product/service.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- Deal with customers directly as required.
- A good knowledge of the products & services available in the Personal Sector is also required to satisfy the individual financial needs of business owners/key individuals.
- The jobholder will require a broad understanding of policies and strategies across the Group as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
Knowledge and Skills
Must have good knowledge on: –
- Enterprise Banking,
- Customer relationship management
- Team management
- Relationship skills
- Working with others
- Personal organization
- Managing relationships
- Analytical thinking
- Active listening
National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)