- Are you ready to command the vital heartbeat of our hotel’s operations as a dynamic Rooms Division Manager?
- We are searching for an individual who embodies professionalism, attention to detail, and a relentless commitment to excellence. Your role will be pivotal in orchestrating the seamless operation of our rooms division, ensuring every guest encounter is marked by sophistication and superior service.
- Do you have the leadership prowess and strategic mindset to guide our dedicated team, driving innovation and excellence in every aspect of guest experience?
- If you’re passionate about creating an environment of premium and comfort, and excel in managing diverse operational facets, we warmly invite you to join our illustrious team.
Overview of Duties:
Behaves and acts (as a manager) in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset and representing hotel management.
- Is in charge of the organization and quality of Housekeeping, Front Office, Concierge, Bell Desk and any other related services offered to guests in the Front of House
- Is responsible for good financial and qualitative results for the department.
- Helps define and implement Front of House and Housekeeping forecast and strategy.
- Helps employees improve their skills and provides support for career development.
- Manages the team.
- Develops close relationships with guests throughout their stay with the aim of gaining their loyalty.
- Is often present in the lobby and at reception in order to meet guests on a daily basis.
- Must have the ability to anticipate guest needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask is essential to success in this role.
- Ensures that guests receive a warm and personal welcome.
- Organizes the receptionists and welcomers for optimal effectiveness.
- Knows the behavior patterns of regular guests and issues instructions to the different teams within the department.
- Handles guest complaints if they have not been dealt with by team members to be fully aware and conversant of Accor spirit, values and goals and is responsible to integrate them in the day-to-day operation.
- To be fully aware and conversant of Accor environmental charter and is responsible to integrate them in the day-to-day operation.
- To be fully aware and conversant of ISO 9001/ISO 14001 (for Ibis Hotel) policies and procedures and responsible to integrate them in the day-to-day operation.
- To ensure delivery of the 15-Minutes Guest Satisfaction Guarantee Service as per IBIS standard.
- Guarantees the high standard of rooms serviced.
- Is in constant contact with the other departments and ensures that information circulates smoothly between them.
- Is responsible for consistency and coherence between different teams.
- Ensures that all brand reference guidelines are correctly applied at all times.
- Promotes the use of cross functional teams of GSAs/receptionists/welcomers/housekeepers whilst ensuring people are well suited to their jobs and that their roles are properly understood both by themselves and other hotel personnel.
- Ensures that guests are followed up and offered appropriate services of a high standard.
- Work well in highly stressful situations to effectively lead, provide guidance to guests and staff or resolve concerns or other critical issues. Must be able to effectively deal with major emergencies, such as weather, fire, or other unforeseen events.
- Completes daily room inspections to ensure all standards are met and VIP rooms are in pristine condition.
- Supervises the whole department’s organization and operations.
- Works closely with the engineering department to ensure all rooms PPE, snags or issues are solved.
- Ensures the rooms division department adheres to all local authority’s guidelines and regulations.
- Presents the Hotel Manager with a daily & monthly report on activities and events.
- Ensures all Brand Initiatives are achieved and followed.
- Initiates new projects, coordinating implementation and follow-up.
Talent Management and Cross-departmental Responsibilities:
- Modifies working methods to comply with brand philosophy and business situation.
- Develops trust, openness and team spirit within the department.
- Involves and motivates his/her teams.
- Ensures headcount matches the level of activity.
- Recruits the Heads of Department under his/her responsibility.
- Takes part in or validates the recruitment of all team members.
- Carries out annual performance appraisals on the people directly under his/her responsibility, sets targets and provides support for career development.
- Validates the annual performance appraisals carried out by the Heads of Department (reception and floor departments).
- Training and empowering team members to exercise good judgment to make profitable business decisions.
- Supervises and coordinates the departments and ensures they are well organized and run smoothly.
- Respects and ensures respect of labour regulations.
Commercial and Sales Responsibilities:
- Offers input to the marketing and commercial action plan for the hotel.
- Optimizes the hotel’s occupancy rates and develops associated services.
- Ensures that all sales made comply with the sales policy as defined by the brand and the hotel.
- Keeps track of the standard of services delivered, based on guest comments and quality audits.
- Keep close track of what the competition is doing.
- Is actively involved in the local area to keep up to date with the needs.
Management and Administration:
- Draws up the annual budget for the department and follows up implementation.
- Is involved in the rooms pricing policy in an effort to optimize REVPAR in conjunction with the Revenue Team.
- Has overall responsibility in the management of rooms in the PMS and ensures the teams manage accordingly.
- Motivates and drives the team to attain the department’s quantitative & qualitative targets.
- Manages headcount to ensure it matches the level of activity in line with the predefined budget.
- Carries out occasional checks on cash operations, activity reports etc.
- Checks and analyses the dashboard charts prepared by the Rooms Division Departments.
- Takes part in “Debtor” meetings and runs thorough checks on PM’s, Ageing Accounts & High Balance Accounts.
- Analyses financial results and takes corrective measures as necessary throughout the year.
- Hygiene/Personal Safety/Environment Responsibilities
- Ensures the application of hygiene, safety and environment regulations from the brand and local authorities are followed and adhered to in all rooms division departments.
- Ensures ALL SAFE guidelines are adhered to.
- Plays an active role in the sustainability programs.
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar Senior Leadership role at a Luxury 5-star hotel
- Progressive Leadership experiences.
- Proficiency with PMS and hotel operating systems.
- Proven record in coordinating multiple departments to make gains toward target
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions.
- Ability to build strong relationships, interact, and influence others at all levels of the organization.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified? Go to to apply
Build your CV for free.