- The Senior Manager, Data Analytics & Visualization is responsible for ensuring that all departments at CWS Africa have a robust strategy for using data to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their work across the organization.
- The position oversees the Data Integrity team at RSC Africa, which includes data analysts focused on boththe Resettlement Support Center’s work within the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) as well as administrative support functions. The Senior Manager oversees the production of regular statistical reports and is responsible for their data quality, coordinating with the Refugee Processing Center (RPC) to build and utilize filters in the START database and/or Tableau reports as appropriate. They are also responsible for helping the RSC to “tell the story” of resettlement processing in sub-Saharan Africa through data visualization that allows staff and stakeholders to understand the meaning behind the data.
- RSC Director
- Deputy Director, RSC Program Implementation
- Deputy Director, RSC Program Development and Quality
- Deputy Director of Administration
- Associate Director, Strategic Planning
- Associate Director of RSC Programs – East and Southern Africa
- Associate Director of RSC Programs – Great Lakes, West and Central Africa
- Associate Director, Program Compliance
- Senior Manager, Projections and Pipeline
- Senior Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEAL)
- START Systems Solutions Champion
- START Policy Manager
- Associate Director for Refugee Processing
- Office and/or work from home environment.
- Periodic travel to the field as may be required.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in and provide input in strategic planning conversations to achieve RSC Program goals.
- Engage in effective team management as per CWS expectations, including: ensure policies, procedures, and culture are understood and abided by; provide clear expectations, managing performance, yearly performance evaluations, and coordinating proper use of benefits; providing coaching and corrective action plans as needed; effective communication; maintaining accurate job descriptions; ensuring a safe and professional work place; and promoting safe-space, open door, and escalation policies.
- Coordinate programmatic inputs to the annual RSC budgeting process by analyzing existing systems and frameworks to bring insight to the larger program framework and proposal, including to anticipate staffing and resource needs to meet targets.
- Monitor effective and appropriate use of resources across the country/sub-region-specific team within the approved budget.
- Determine and apply cost saving measures to ensure program sustainability.
Program Administration (10%)
- Oversee development of work plans, their implementation and reporting for the Data Integrity unit reporting to this position.
- Track progress towards achievement of established annual goals and objectives.
- Coordinate the deployment of staff and resources to ensure timely and efficient work output, in coordination with Programs Management.
- Oversee data analysts’ work on report requests and other tickets submitted through ServiceDesk.
- Maintain effective relationships with RSC Africa/USRAP partners, including BPRM, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
- Ensure partner communication is professional, timely and proactive.
- Occasionally meet with PRM/USRAP partners and represent CWS/RSC Africa on processing or other programmatic matters.
- Ensure staff are professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder, and colleagues.
- Ensure all functions within the team, particularly those dealing with applicant PII (Personally Identifiable Information), strictly adhere to DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and disseminate internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) for processing refugees eligible for the US Refugee Admissions Program in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Provide input on effects of external policy updates on the department’s internal SOPs and workflow and implement changes due to these updates.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of suspected fraud, malfeasance, and data breaches and report any identified areas of significant compliance risk for the RSC Africa program.
- Coordinate regular departmental process reviews to compare requirements vs. current processing and outputs and implement process changes based on the outcome of the process reviews.
- Conduct QCs and job function observations of staff, and oversee team QC efforts, to ensure compliance is met and identify areas of improvement or training needs. Provide feedback to staff and/or other departments.
Data Management and Analysis (30%)
- Identifies opportunities within the RSC to enhance data visualization and understanding.
- Works closely with the Data Integrity Manager and team to develop reports which monitor staff efficiency and data entry accuracy for overall quality control and improvement.
- Develops and implements department-specific pipeline analysis reports to inform workload and staffing projections, and to anticipate future workloads.
- Oversees all standard and ad hoc reports generated by DI staff and monitor for accuracy, precision, and timely distribution.
- Assists the Senior Manager, Projections and Pipeline as needed with annual and monthly projections to inform Programs and departmental priorities.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication systems regarding data within the department and other program departments. Ensures effective use of linkages within the MS365 environment to streamline the sharing of data.
- Coordinates with other Programs departments, as needed, to efficiently allocate staff resources; and collaborates with other Programs departments for improved processing efficiency across the division.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities (5%)
- US passport holders may be required to facilitate DNA collection.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- 8 years of relevant paid work experience is required, with experience in the USRAP preferred.
- 3 years of direct supervisory experience, including at least 1 year supervising managers with direct reports, with responsibility for hiring, evaluating performance, administering corrective action and directing day-to-day work, is required.
- Demonstrated management experience, to include administrative and program management, with a refugee serving/processing agency(s) preferred.
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau or Power BI is required.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent report-generation skills with the ability to understand, process and document information for a variety of audiences.
- Strong supervisory skills and understanding of performance management systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced computer knowledge, specifically with MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Excel and other statistical analysis programs.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required, or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Work and make decisions independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa at management levels;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
- Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees, and members of the general public;
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision;
- Be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).