- Date Posted January 9, 2024
- Location Nairobi City, Kenya
- Category Engineering, Sales & Marketing
- Expiration date–
- Gender Both
- Industry Technology, Engineering, Sales
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Career Level Officer
If you’re here, it’s because you’re looking for an exciting ride.
A ride that will fuel up your ambitions to take on a new challenge and stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone.
We’ll deliver a non-vanilla culture built on talent, where we work to amplify the impact on millions of people, paving the way forward together.
Not your usual app. We are the fastest-growing multi-category app connecting millions of users with businesses, and couriers, offering on-demand services from more than 170,000 local restaurants, grocers and supermarkets, and high street retail stores. We operate in more than 1500 cities across 25 countries. Every year, +200k merchants generate over 4B€ in sales through our platform and over 20M customers get their goods delivered in minutes.
Together we revolutionize the way people connect with their everyday needs, from delivering essentials to connecting our ecosystem of users through innovative solutions powered by technology. For us, every day is filled with purpose.
What makes our ride unique?
🤝 Our culture and strong values.
- We have an ‘’office-first’’ culture and we place collaboration at the center of everything we do!
- We have a non-vanilla personality and feedback mindset. We don’t shy away from difficult conversations – we see them as a gift!
- We work with high intensity and have fun along the way. We also celebrate the wins (a lot!).
- We celebrate diversity in all its forms and foster an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
💪Our career development philosophy.
- We are building a talent house of high performing teams and leaders. We invest in people who raise the bar and help others reach their full potential.
- We take ownership of our career development. We don’t believe in linear and predictable career paths – we create the job of our dreams!
- We embrace opportunities to move the needle and make an impact beyond our scope.
🤝Our commitment to being a force for good.
- Our platform is an important economic tool for millions of people (customers, partners, couriers) and we are taking action to amplify our positive impact.
- We invest in doing good by dedicating time and resources into social and environmental initiatives.
- We have the ambition of being DIB role models across the tech industry. We are creating environments, systems, and processes that provide equal opportunities, break biases, and empower our communities.
We have a vision: To give everyone easy access to anything in their cities. And this is where your ride starts.
In the context of “giving users easy access to anything in their city”, Q-commerce (Quick Commerce) is the business unit that aims to provide immediacy to all product needs that a user might have, from delivering a video game to sending a gift… to filling up their fridge. We do that through 3 verticals: Groceries with Partners, Groceries with our own Micro Fulfillment Centers (MFCs), and Retail Shops.
As part of the MFCs Vertical team, the Demand Planner is a new position in our structure: as our business expands, accurately forecasting future product needs and strategically placing purchase orders with vendors will be key to effectively replenishing our MFCs and meeting customer needs.
Reporting directly to the Demand Planning Manager:
- Be responsible for the supply replenishment planning of your MFCs, by creating purchase orders and monitoring their reception.
- Improve forecast accuracy by utilizing historical sales data to adjust demand forecasts for promotions, seasonal variations, special events and new products, among others.
- Maintain and adjust purchasing tool parameters (safety stocks, bank holidays,…) to ensure inventory optimization.
- Work closely with category management, marketing, and operations teams to gather relevant information for aligning demand forecasts with supply chain capabilities.
- Enhance the performance of suppliers (fill rates, no-shows, delays, incidents) by facilitating communication, addressing concerns, and working collaboratively with them to establish improvement plans.
- Monitor and report Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of your country.
- Analyze and interpret data (availability, inventory levels, turnover, shrinkage, fill rates…) to identify trends, potential risks, and opportunities for improvement.
- Drive action plans to achieve operational excellence in the supply chain by optimizing processes, reducing costs, improving efficiency, and enhancing overall performance.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE RIDE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Mathematics or a Supply Chain / Operations discipline.
- Three to four years of relevant experience in the industry, preferably focused on Demand Planning and a deep understanding of the Supply Chain.
- Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done.
- The ability to analyze and use critical thinking skills on a regular basis is key.
- Proficiency in Google Applications.
- Excellent English and Swahili. Other languages are a plus (Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo…).
- SQL knowledge
Individuals representing diverse profiles, encompassing various genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds, are less likely to apply for this role if they do not possess solid experience in 100% of these areas. Even if it seems you don’t meet our musts don’t let it stop you, we are all about finding the best talent out there! Skills can be learned, and embracing diversity is invaluable.
We believe driven talent deserves:.
- 💪 Private health insurance to keep you at your peak.
- 🍔 Monthly Glovo credit to satisfy your cravings!
- 🏖️ Extra time off, the freedom to work from home two days a week, and the opportunity to work from anywhere for up to three weeks a year!
- 👪 Enhanced parental leave, and office-based nursery.
- 🧠 Online therapy and wellbeing benefits to ensure your mental well-being.
Here at Glovo, we thrive on diversity, we believe it enhances our teams, products, and culture. We know that the best ideas come from a mashup of brilliant diverse minds. This is why we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds – all genders, racial/diverse backgrounds, abilities, ages, sexual orientations and all other unique characteristics that make you YOU. We will encourage you to bring your authentic self to work, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels heard.
Feel free to note your pronouns in your application (e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
So, ready to take the wheel and make this the ride of your life?