We are People First Recruitment your award winning specialist recruitment provider with teams focused on Supply Chain vacancies, Mandarin recruitment, Japanese jobs and other Multilingual recruitment. Since 1997, we have built up an enviable reputation within the UK and cross border into Europe, Africa and Asia. People First Team China focuses on Mandarin Jobs and also recruits for Cantonese jobs in London & the UK People First Team Japan specialises in recruiting for Japanese Jobs in the UK People First Supply Chain recruits for Supply Chain jobs & also those in Demand Planning and Procurement. People First Multilingual covers language jobs for European and other Asian languages. We provide international talent solutions for companies ranging from SMEs to large global corporations and across a wide range of industries including: Banking & Financial Services, Technology, FMCGs,
The Skills You’ll Need: Logistics, L/C, Trade Finance, SAP, Salesforce
Your New Salary: up to£30k per annum
Hybrid: 2 days a week in office
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Contract Specialist – What You’ll be Doing
- Liaising with customers and other offices in relation to enquiries, securing orders and contract execution
- Interacting with internal corporate departments such as trade risk management, tax, legal, accounting and treasury for processing internal applications
- SAP and iTIMS transactions for purchases and sales
- Responsibilities with trade finance – Letters of Credit, Performance Bonds, Bid Bonds
- General administration duties for sales/purchase orders such as: international delivery coordination, accounts payable and accounts receivables and chasing overdue invoices
- Maintaining customer files and issuing accurate shipping/customs documentation
- Supporting global contract administration for a major client e.g. updating price data and documents
- Accounting transactions for major client indent commissions from SC overseas offices
- Month end accounting procedures such as closing iTIMS & SAP
- Physical inventory checks at stock yards located inside or outside the UK (mainly in Europe, CIS or Northeast Africa), if required and company travel policy permits.
Contract Specialist – The Skills You’ll Need to Succeed
- A background in logistics is essential – experience in arranging international logistics
- Trade Finance experience (letters of credit, bonds)
- Extensive experience using SAP and other accounting software (Salesforce advantage)
- Proficient user of MS Office
- Experience in administering international trade (commercial terms, export documentation, VAT, Foreign exchange), ideally in an oil and gas, steel environment
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.