- Date Posted January 8, 2024
- Location Nairobi City, Kenya
- Category Accounting, Finance and Accounting, Financial Services
- Expiration date–
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Both
- Industry Finance, Accounting
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Career Level Manager
NTT is a leading global IT solutions and services organisation that brings together people, data and things to create a better and more sustainable future.
In today’s ‘iNTTerconnected’ world, connections matter more now than ever. By bringing together talented people, world-class technology partners and emerging innovators, we help our clients solve some of the world’s most significant technological, business and societal challenges.
With people at the heart of our success, NTT is committed to attracting and growing the best talent and providing an environment where everyone feels they can belong and their contribution matters.
Want to be a part of our team?Dimension Data is a proud member of the NTT Group, a global IT powerhouse headquartered in Japan. As part of NTT, we deliver a wide range of IT services and solutions to clients around the world. Although the Dimension Data brand was retired in some parts of the world in 2019, it remains well recognized in the Middle East and Africa. Join us and become part of the NTT family as we continue to provide innovative solutions that help our clients achieve their business objectives.
As the Tax Manager, you will assume a critical role in overseeing all aspects of tax compliance, reporting, and strategy within the East Africa region for Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
You will be responsible for reducing tax liabilities while ensuring adherence to local and regional tax regulations.
Working at NTT
Ensure accurate and timely filing of all tax returns, including income tax, value-added tax (VAT), and other relevant taxes, in compliance with East African tax laws and regulations.
Develop and implement tax strategies specific to the East African market to optimize the company’s tax position. Stay abreast of local and regional tax regulations and identify
opportunities for tax savings.
Analyze financial data in-depth to identify potential tax issues and recommend solutions.
Ensure financial transactions and reporting align with regional tax rules.
Prepare and submit various tax reports, including quarterly and annual financial statements for tax purposes in East Africa. Collaborate with external auditors when necessary.
Manage tax audits and inquiries by local tax authorities. Ensure the organization is well prepared for audits and effectively respond to inquiries.
Oversee transfer pricing policies and documentation, ensuring compliance with local and international regulations as they pertain to East Africa.
Evaluate and mitigate tax-related risks, including exposure to penalties and interest, by establishing strong internal controls tailored to the East African market.
Clearly communicate tax strategies, risks, and opportunities to senior management and other stakeholders. Simplify complex tax concepts to make recommendations actionable.
Lead and manage a team of tax professionals, providing guidance and mentorship while fostering a culture of excellence.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field; relevant
certifications are a plus.
· CPA(K) qualification is mandatory
· 3 years of experience in Tax Management, preferably within the telecommunications or connectivity industry or with the Tax consultancy firm.
• Proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel, and data visualization tools.
• Solid understanding of revenue recognition principles and familiarity with relevant accounting standards.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data and draw meaningful
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Equal Opportunity Employer
NTT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
A career at NTT means:
- Being part of a global pioneer – where you gain exposure to our Fortune 500 clients and world-leading global technology partners and work with a network of over 40,000 smart and diverse colleagues across 57 countries, delivering services in over 200 countries.
- Being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology – backed with a 150-year heritage of using technology for good. With 40% of the world’s internet traffic running on our network and where Emoji were first invented, you can be proud of the group’s many new ‘firsts’.
- Making a difference – by doing meaningful work that helps to shape the future for our clients, and across industries and communities around the world.
- Being your best self – in a progressive ‘Connected Working’ environment that promotes flexibility, connection and wellbeing. Where diversity and different perspectives are embraced to ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Having ongoing opportunities to own and develop your career – with a personal and professional development plan and access to the broadest learning offerings in the industry.