- Teach and assess courses in one’s discipline at undergraduate level
- Supervise undergraduate projects and other experiential learning programme
- Initiate, promote and participate in research projects and publish articles in referred journals
- Provide professional and community services and initiate linkages and fundraising
- Carry out other duties & responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Applicants must be holders of Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree from a recognized university in the area of specialty.
- Applicants MUST be registered for a PhD degree and have made substantial progress in their PhD studies. Evidence of progress made in the PhD studies (e.g. PhD progress report) MUST be submitted with the application.
- Should demonstrate potential for university teaching and research.
- Should be recognized and registered or registerable by relevant body.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Interested and qualified applicants should download the application form for employment from the university website www.gau.ac.ke and complete all sections of the form.
- Applicants must attach the following documents to the application form: –
- Academic and professional certificates
- A copy of the national ID card
- Any other relevant testimonials
- It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The University shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents.
- Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Qualifications obtained from foreign universities should be authenticated by the relevant bodies
- Garissa University does not levy any fees for job application
Build your CV for free.