Verde Edge Consulting Ltd is a new-age executive HR consulting company based in Nairobi-Kenya, running operations throughout the republic. We strive to work with our clients through partnerships and to provide unique workable and value-adding HR solutions to address their existing & emerging needs. We are dedicated to revolutionizing HR practice in the new age by developing long-term strategic partnerships with our clients.
Ensure the smooth running of the restaurant and provide an exceptional customer experience in a profitable and sustainable manner.
Our client, a dynamic Technology company specializing in supply installation and maintenance of modern and reliable electronic security and Telecommunication solutions, is looking to hire an Accounts & Admin Officer.
- Compiling and reconciling financial statements
- Payroll preparation and ensuring staff personal files are securely filed, computing and filing of tax returns and statutory deductions by ensuring compliance with taxation legislation within the stipulated timeframe i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, AHL and withholding tax.
- Managing obligations to suppliers, customers and third-party vendors.
- Maintaining accessible and organized supplier, customer and vendor files (both in soft copy versions and physical hard copy versions).
- Processing payments, reviewing expenditure, contracts and administrative budgets, ensuring that costs are checked against budgets and are in compliance and communicate any budget variances.
- Financial data input and reconciliations using QuickBooks accounting software ensuring good maintenance and suggesting the need for system upgrades and module additions.
- Processing bank deposits
- Preparing, sending and filing invoices, delivery notes, quotations and LPOs.
- Evaluating financial operations and recommend best-practices, identify issues and strategize solutions that help the organization run efficiently
- Analyzing financial data to provide the organization with information that will assist in future planning and decision-making.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant financial laws and regulations.
- Developing and implementing financial recordkeeping systems.
- Responding to routine inquiries related to accounting and finances and any other customer inquiries in relation to purchases and payment.
- Contacting clients and sending reminders to ensure timely payments.
- Preparing tax returns accurately and ensuring that taxes are remitted on time.
- Analyzing the company’s financial information in order to determine the state of the company’s financial health as well as data to understand where the company is generating and losing revenue and generate reports on the same.
- Administering and reconciling petty cash.
- Overseeing office supplies: ordering, inventory management;
- Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets
- Maintaining office leases and amendments, keep track of utilities and insurances and due payment dates.
- Ensure financial systems and controls are in place within the office.
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Examining expenses submitted by employees.
- Supervising administrative staff and distributing responsibilities to ensure performance.
- Actively participate in tender preparation whenever required.
- Keeping government certification annual renewals up to date.
- Proven work experience as an Accountant and an office administrator or similar role for a minimum of 2 years.
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software – Preferably QuickBooks.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets)
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
- Exceptional understanding of Microsoft office
- Exceptional reporting and filing skills
- Proposal writing and document compilation skills will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of tenders will be an added advantage
- Good organizational and time-management abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
To apply visit www.verde-edge.com Vacancies Portal. Applications will be reviewed on a continuing basis.
Salary, Gross Kes 30K- 40K
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Verde Edge Consulting
Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya