About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 515 million people globally with our interventions. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.8 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 10 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation. Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across nine countries in Africa and Asia, our 700+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Over the next decade, we’re setting our sights higher: We aim to reach over 600 million people globally to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
Associate, Regional Planning and Coordination (Senior Regional Leadership Support)
The Associate, reporting to the Chief of Staff, Head of Regional Planning & Coordination (CoS), will contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the Senior Regional Leadership team, by providing administrative support and ensuring that day-to-day tasks are handled smoothly. This role requires a combination of organizational skills, attention to detail, communication skills and the ability to multitask.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Regional leadership team coordination support: Coordinate Quarterly leadership team meetings and regular Senior Regional Leadership meetings. This will typically entail developing or compiling meeting agenda, taking & synthesizing meeting notes, and following up with regional leadership on relevant action points.
- Managing the Executive Vice President’s (EVP) daily calendar and help in setting up meetings on a need by need basis.
- Organizing and managing documentation for the Africa Regional Leadership (ARL) & Senior Regional Leadership (SRL) teams.
- Maintaining the EVPs appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel coordination and management.
- Reconciling travel expenditures for the EVP and submitting them to the Finance team for authorization and payment.
- Providing administrative support for the organization of seminars, meetings, workshops, conferences, and training sessions organized through the EVPs office and in collaboration with the CoS.
- Coordinating travel and accommodation schedules for SRL and Global leadership during their visits to and or within the Africa region.
- Assisting the EVP with administration requests, i.e. purchase of office equipment, etc.
- Following up with the EVP on pending items and or action points, via Skype or email.
- Promptly responding to enquiries from Senior Regional Leadership Team members.
- Other: Supporting the People & Culture (P&C) department in coordinating various work streams e.g., the Rewards and Recognition policy and with certain recruitment processes (especially with positions that directly report to the EVP). This will typically include liaising with the P&C department to schedule final interviews and coordinate any follow-up sessions.
Qualifications and Traits:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Communication, or a related discipline.
- Experience: A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in an administrative or Executive Support role, preferably supporting Senior Executives or Leadership teams.
- Knowledge: A strong understanding of administrative processes, office management, and executive communication practices.
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (and any other relevant languages) to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Technology Proficiency: Proficiency in using office software and tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, email correspondence, calendar management systems, and collaboration platforms.
- Proactive: Takes initiative and anticipates the needs of the EVP and Senior Leadership, managing tasks and priorities without constant supervision.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrates meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of their work, including accurate documentation, proofreading, and formatting.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload to ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Confidentiality: Understands the importance of handling sensitive information with the utmost discretion and maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
- Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment, readily adjusting priorities and approaches as needed.
- Professionalism: Maintains a professional demeanor and acts as a positive representative of the EVP and Senior Leadership team within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong Communication: Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Problem-Solving: Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills, able to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Primary work hours and location must include business hours (9:00 am-5:00 pm), Monday to Friday, in Evidence Action’s Nairobi, Kenya office.
- Off-hour work may be required as necessary for overseeing/completing planned maintenance, participating in international conference calls across time-zones, or responding to technical emergency response.
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off