About the job
Who we are: Jumba is a tech company that is simplifying the purchasing and financing of construction materials in Africa. Founded in April 2022, Jumba is building a platform that connects manufacturers and suppliers of construction supplies to builders and hardware retail stores. We have a strong emphasis on innovation and value, offering the construction industry creative, digital and financially viable solutions for the digital age.
Mission: Leverage technology to simplify the construction industry to make it more transparent, reliable, and affordable for people in Africa to build.
Vision: The go-to partner for construction projects in Africa.
Our Values: Customer Obsession, Innovation, Integrity, Teamwork, and Reliability
Reporting to: CTO and Co-Founder
Job purpose: We are looking for an enthusiastic Frontend Engineer, who is experienced in developing complex web experiences with the ability to adapt, learn quickly and has excellent problem-solving skills. You’ll build scalable, fast and secure software that serves the needs of our customers all over Africa.
Fun Fact: People at Jumba have in the past year reinvented an entire industry, imagine what you could do here!
Key Responsibilities: –
- Develop and maintain complex web applications
- Create test plans and write unit and functional tests.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Perform code reviews of other team members’ code, ensuring timely and constructive feedback to colleagues’ contributions.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Ensure that all deliverables meet the highest standards of quality.
- Write and review technical documents covering the design and implementation of features.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the direct line manager.
- Minimum 1-year work experience in building frontend applications.
- Experience using React and related technologies is an added advantage.
- Experience with unit and functional testing.
- Experience with database design – NoSQL and SQL.
Must have skills
- Unit and Functional testing
Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya