Head of Partnership Growth Job
MultiChoice Africa Holdings (MAH) provides a multi-channel pay-TV and subscriber management services in 49 African countries including Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique. The company promotes the creation, showcasing and building up of local African talent. As an African business, the organization has brought both social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, in terms of access to information and job opportunities.
Purpose of the role:
- To develop profitable opportunities with strategic partners with a view to growing the Showmax subscriber base and increase Showmax subscription revenue. Maintain and grow partnerships through effective collaboration at all levels of partner organisations
- To effectively manage and leverage resources to realise business objectives
Strategy Formulation and Prioritization
- Build strategic customer business case to exhibit opportunities
- Give input in the development of partnership strategy by identifying and quantifying opportunities through insightful business intelligence, market trends and business objectives
- Evaluate opportunities followed by partnership and project prioritization into a roadmap for Executive Head of Partnerships to sign off on.
- Maintain accountable for, and report on the success of implemented strategies
Partnership Acquisition and On-boarding
- Define partnership objectives aligned with Showmax objectives including which customer problems we are solving for and partnership subscription targets.
- Engage and negotiate with partner to reach shared and agreed objectives to be translated to commercial agreements and most desired customer user journeys.
- Assist legal teams to draft and finalize commercial agreements aligned to shared objectives and discussions.
- Coordinate cross functional and bi-party collaboration to achieve objectives captured in commercial agreements. E.G. Technical, Value propositions, and full GTM etc.
- Ensure growth of their direct reports through mentoring, knowledge sharing and project management experience
- Align customer value propositions between Showmax and partners
- Build and maintain solid relationships with partners at all levels (including finance, marketing, ops, etc.) to ensure an efficient working relationship between Showmax and the partner
- Ensure direct report resources are assigned in the most effective manner to drive the most value from each partnership.
- Delegate day-to-day operation interactions with partners to direct reports but maintain fully informed through regular status and mentoring sessions with them.
- Remain the key contact for strategic partnerships without compromising integrity of direct reports with each partnership.
- Oversee the activities of the team to ensure effective delivery of business outcomes.
- Develop a high performing team by conducting mandated performance management process and reviews plus informal coaching.
- Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Resolve grievances and performance issues effectively where needed
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised
- Post Grad Degree or Equivalent
- Qualifications in Business Management or similar
- Must have had experience in a similar role for a minimum of 5 years
- Account Development and management
- Marketing Management
- Developing Value Propositions
- Analytical Skills – NB!!! To evaluate data and make decisions
- Project Management
- Financial Management/Budgeting
- Product/Brand Knowledge
Head of Partnership Growth Job