Investor Relations Analyst Job / Associate
About Apollo Agriculture:
Apollo Agriculture is the commercial farming platform that helps small-scale farmers maximize their profits. Apollo’s ML-powered credit models and automated operations technology unlock the massive, untapped small-scale farming market, starting in Kenya. With optimized financing, high-quality farm products, and digital advice, Apollo farmers are already more than doubling their farm profitability. Apollo’s team brings together technology, credit and operations experience from The Climate Corporation (acquired for USD $1 Billion), Google, Capital One and One Acre Fund. We value evangelical pursuit of mission with a pragmatic approach, humility in the face of challenge, active discussion of disagreements, and considerate listening.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent teammate with strong analytical and writing skills for an impactful role in Apollo’s investor relations team and to contribute to Apollo’s growth journey. The Investor Relations Analyst/Associate will take a supporting role in ensuring we continue to build strong, forward-looking relationships with our investors and donors. Our ideal candidate is an excellent writer and amazing relationship builder, with a solid understanding of finance, and will be excited to take a leading role developing Apollo’s commercial and impact story.
- Support in building strong relationships with investors, in close coordination with the leadership team
- Coordinate investor due diligence meetings, respond to investor due diligence requests, and further develop due diligence materials
- Develop and manage internal data, material and dashboards on business and impact metrics, including working with BI to create queries and dashboards
- Project manage specific aspects of investor relations at Apollo, such as due diligence requests, monthly / quarterly / annual reporting and audit related responses
- Work collaboratively across teams to help develop compelling narratives about Apollo and ensuring the Investor Relations team has the latest information about specific business areas – with a specific focus on business and impact KPIs
- Lead on drafting grant and technical assistance proposals in alignment with Apollo’s business goals, including sourcing new grant opportunities and positioning Apollo for follow-on funding from existing partners
- Perform financial analyses and KPI analysis to track and report performance in key areas and updating internal management / monitoring tools
- Work on documents, narratives and presentations for internal and external use
- Have up to 5 years of professional experience
- Have strong alignment with Apollo’s mission
- Are ambitious and eager to take on new opportunities and accountability
- Are diligent and have a high attention to detail
- Have strong analytical skills and are proficient in creating high quality spreadsheets (MS Excel / Google sheets)
- Can create high quality documents and presentations (Google/Microsoft suite)
- Are curious, eager to learn and contribute with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management; can manage multiple deliverables and timelines
- Work independently; you are a strong communicator and have a high level of emotional intelligence to collaborate with a distributed team
- Have worked in finance, or studied finance, and feel comfortable speaking and writing about finance-related topics
- Are a strong storyteller and writer. You can take a technical topic and transform it into exciting, easily understandable English
- Speak English fluently and idiomatically
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers
- Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise
- Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration, and growth
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, and room for growth
- Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect
- Are excited to hear from you!
Apollo Agriculture does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Apollo Agriculture is an equal opportunity/equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
Apollo Agriculture is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we may conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Apollo Agriculture does not charge money or any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Investor Relations Analyst Job / Associate
Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya