- Date Posted January 17, 2024
- Location Nairobi City, Kenya
- Category Digital Marketing
- Expiration date–
- Postal Code 0100
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
About the role
The role of the Sub-Saharan African Marketing Director is responsible for leading the marketing function and activities across all markets in scope. He or she drives the creation of value and our customers by executing the category portfolio strategy making us indispensable to its customers in driving category growth- measured in sales value & profit growth.
- Champion the shift the new Consumer Healthcare culture and 3 key behavior’s – Do what matters Most, Keep it Human and Go Beyond
- Development and implementation of the portfolio and brand strategy inspired by area/global guidelines in Sub-Saharan African Hub
- Works closely with the area teams on developing adequate marketing mixes for innovations and continuously assesses and revises existing brands for Sub-Saharan African markets
- Working closely with the rest of the commercial leadership team to ensure adequate volume forecasting on the short, medium and long terms to achieve business targets and market share gain
- Ensuring that the marketing objectives are implemented in line with the overall portfolio strategy
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends and ensures adequate response to competitive activities to safeguard market share and achieve business targets
- Ensure the presence and implementation of an effective innovation pipeline to address marketing objectives, portfolio strategy and support business growth
- Collaborates with the area insights team to commission and conduct market and consumer research to guide the development of successful marketing mixes in Sub-Saharan African Hub
- Ensures all marketing activities are implemented in adherence to the company’s regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Responsible and accountable for brand activation in the markets in scope in order to deliver brand growth by:
- Custodian of local consumer/customer insights/needs
- Lead the team to prepare inputs to MAPs
- Own and execute annual MAPs
- Lead the team to adopt annual media plans with local media agency
- Conduct regular business reviews and proactively manage business performance
- Lead the team to review media and promotional plans regularly and propose adjustments as needed
- Share assets with customer marketing and Expert field force for tailoring
- Manage markets A&P budget ensuring resources are allocated in line with the approved SRA
- Lead the Marketing organization in markets
- Develop the functional and core skill of direct reports through regular coaching and mentoring
- Set personal objectives, targets, guidelines and assess all direct reports
- Inspire, lead and drive a performance culture within the team
- Manage key talents’ career and succession planning
- Lead the team to provide business case inputs for commercial and product innovation to the Area Marketing Team and enable LOC approval on DRM
- Ensure self and team have in-depth knowledge of the portfolio of products and the consumer/expert/shopper journeys to equip the Sales Force with the knowledge they need to win in market
- regulatory expectations.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree of Business Administration with marketing focus or equivalent
- 10+ years of proven B2C marketing experience, preferably within an FMCG environment
- 5+ years of experience in a management/leadership position, incl. managing teams and developing talent
- Cross functional experiences, particularly successful experiences partnering with Sales and Commercial Excellence functions to customize winning tactics to win in market
- Proven experiences in omni-channel marketing, strong knowledge and understanding of the changing media landscape (particularly digital) and impact on the consumer, shopper and expert journeys
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Ability to work effectively and influence stakeholders to drive business agenda effectively.
- Proven experience in building and managing a high performing team and developing talent
- Experiences in market leadership teams preferred
- Set Direction & Inspire
- Work across boundaries – must have excellent collaboration skills
- Release Energy
- Develop Capability & Talent
- Drive Performance
- Live our Values.
Please save a copy of the job description, as this may be helpful to refer to once the advert closes.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Care to join us. Find out what life at Haleon is really like www.haleon.com/careers/
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information, which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Haleon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, Haleon may be required to capture and report expenses Haleon incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure Haleon’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.