- Design and implementation of new modules and modifications of existing ones in the MEL Web Platform and align it to APHRC’s processes and procedures.
- Maintain the integration of the portal with the Microsoft Dynamics365 ERP and the database through web services.
- Maintain/ make relevant changes to the links between the performance indicator tracking and alliances modules and their data entry forms.
- Create or update the authentication module through active directory service to allow existing user to re-use their Active Directory usernames and passwords.
- Modify, when necessary, data entry forms and customize the database based on the various data needs.
- Configure and maintain the GIS module to visualize the progress on key performance indicators and their trends.
- Maintain the data import module in the system for the existing Excel database.
- Set quality assurance parameters (e.g., approval and acceptance of data) and data validation rules.
- Make changes to the existing dashboards or create new visualization using Tableau and embed the new or updated visualization dashboards to the Web platform.
- Configure the data visualizer for the database to generate the required reports.
- Configure/modify the user rights module used to assign the access of the database to the users as per their role in the organization.
- Configure the data administration module to ensure the proper administration of the database.
- Integrate the MEL Portal with the knowledge management and learning portal (knowledge repository, knowledge sharing platform, subject matter expert locator and AI Chatbot).
- Integrate the knowledge base with the AI to enhance functionality and retrieval of knowledge.
- Support the configuration and enhancement of the Knowledge Management and Learning AI Chabot.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree in related disciplines e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any relevant field.
- Must be proficient in Python programming language with Django Rest Framework, Vue.js, and Bootstrap CSS, PostgreSQL database or any other DBMS.
- Must have experience working as a frontend developer responsible for building and enhancing the applications using vue.js (Preferred 3+).
- Hands-on experience with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC).
- Ability to create web pages to show online reports to application users using pivot reports, detailed data pages, grid views and tables.
- Developed user authentication mechanism using web services.
- Experience with jQuery to bring dynamic behavior to the web page and also perform AJAX calls to the MVC controllers.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Hands on experience on the use of AI Chat bots.
- Excellent analytical, detail-oriented, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven work experience as a Data/System analyst and developer including use of web enabled systems
- MSSQL development, 5 years (Preferred)
- Production Support, 3 years (Preferred)
- Azure DB, 2 years (Preferred)
- Stored Procedures, 5 years (Preferred)
- Skilled at writing SQL code, designing new systems, understanding front-end-users’ requirements and have a problem-solving attitude.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Excellent skills in debugging and troubleshooting user sessions and solving bugs.
- Ability to analyze and critique requirements and make recommendations on possible solution designs.
- Ability to complete work independently, incorporate client feedback, and deliver on time.
- Excellent skills and experience in training facilitation, mentoring and capacity development.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills, including presentations.
- Prior experience in development of an information management system for humanitarian organization will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to to apply.
Build your CV for free.