Role Overview: We are seeking an experienced Program and Project Management Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring effective project planning, management, and evaluation across all areas of the organization. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking, meticulous planning, and strong collaboration skills to drive successful project outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with teams to define project parameters before initiation, including roles & responsibilities, reporting tools, timeline, KPIs, actions, and deliverables.
- Oversee planning and scheduling to ensure the STEM Mentorship, livelihood program and other ad hoc programs are delivered on time and with an organized structure. Implement project management tools and track their usage.
- Schedule and lead regular project meetings to evaluate progress, address risks, issues, and dependencies (RAID), and escalate as necessary.
- Develop one-pagers describing all projects, key activities, approaches, outcomes, and impacts in collaboration with teams.
- Produce and conduct case studies, best practices, lessons learned, and project audit documents for internal and external use.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Develop KPIs & Metrics for grant/donor and organisational success in collaboration with all teams.
- Develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for all projects.
- Ensure that all metrics required to be reported back by teams are included in the Monitoring and Evaluation plans for the grant area and that necessary data is collected.
- Conduct data quality assessments to ensure accurate and consistent reporting.
- Verify data and information periodically on a sample basis.
- Conduct quality checks on teams’ outputs before publication.
- Develop quality program reports incorporating past learning.
- Develop and ensure the utilization of program monitoring tools, including one-page strategic plans, pre and post-training tests, surveys, discussion guides, etc.
- Conduct data quality assessments to ensure reported data is validated, accurate, and consistent
- Ensure the quality of data reported and verify data and information periodically on a sample basis
- Develop and conduct quality checks on teams’ outputs before publication.
Riley Orton Foundation Org
Kisumu, Kisumu County, Kenya