- Date Posted January 8, 2024
- Location Kenya
- Category Engineering
- Expiration date–
- Experience 4 Years
- Gender Both
- Industry Engineering
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Career Level Manager
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Quality Assurance Manager plays an integral role at EEA in ensuring the established quality standards are met throughout the production process and in the whole product life cycle from design stage, mass production until end of life, the individual is responsible that the EEA products meet the customer’s expectations and complies with all relevant regulations. this role is positioned at the interface between manufacturing quality team, global quality team and country quality team, as well as other cross function teams at EEA, and the manufacturers that supply our core hardware products, responsible for the EEA products quality performance monitoring, product quality issue resolving and product quality continuous improvement. A successful candidate will help buildout data analytics framework in collaboration with internal stakeholders. QA supervisor is also expected to lead the continuous quality improvement programs to reduce product defects and improve quality. this position requires excellent skills of quantitative measurement and data analysis.
- Responsible for creating and enforcing the quality standards, procedures, and policies for EEA products and operations,
- Keep updated with internal, external, local, national and global rules of manufacturing, selling and shipping. To stay on top of the latest laws and regulations that impact products’ which required in EEA markets in Africa (IEC, Vera sol etc.)
- Lead, plan, schedule and conduct internal quality audits.
- handle data related to quality to analyze the products healthy and suppliers’ performance as well as quality reports and documentation that are required;
- Take preventive quality control actions by identifying potential sources of error in the product development, manufacturing process and in various using scenarios and suggesting ways to eliminate them.
- Implement continuous process improvements using the right strategies like six sigma and lean manufacturing.
- Review statistical data from EEA digital tools to identify and eliminate any potential quality problems. Analyze production data and recommend changes to the production process to eliminate quality issues.
- Be the main contact window of upstream supply chain for the manufacturing failures reporting from field, lead the investigation of product returns and internal & external customer complaints to identify specific quality problems and trends.
- Lead and implement continuous quality improvement programs to reduce product defects and improve quality.
- Participate the regular quality monitoring programs help reduce manufacturing costs, improve overall product quality, and enhance brand reputation.
- Be able to frequently travel locally and internationally. In some cases, with a short notice.
- Mentors and provides training assistance to Associate SQA Engineers
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Experience and skills
- 15+ years’ experience in a Quality focused role.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills to work in a team environment.
- Team leadership skills in addressing complex and diverse issues.
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills, including knowledge of problem-solving methodologies and tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in interfacing with suppliers, internal technical groups, and country teams.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, draws valid conclusions, and provides solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in any scientific, engineering, or related field
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of any high-level programming languages is highly desirable. Tableau, SQL etc.
- Experience in an electronic product development or manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of in APQP process and ISO
- Moderate to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office,
- Understanding of the application of quality assurance standards in manufacturing.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Business Unit: GBU Flexible Gen & Retail
Division: Energy Access
Legal Entity: Mobisol Shenzhen
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full – Time
Professional Experience: Skilled ( >3 experience <15 years)
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree