Yassir is the leading super App for on demand, ride-hailing, last-mile delivery, payment services and more, set to change the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 45 cities across multiple countries. It has raised $150 million in Series B funding, five times what it raised in its previous priced round last November with world class investors such as BOND and Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We’re not just about serving people – we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Operations squad. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in building high-performance, scalable, mission-critical, and secure systems in the cloud to scale our infrastructure further with efficient tools such as Kubernetes and Terraform. You will drive the evolution of major parts of our growing platform, serving millions of customers across multiple countries. You will be joining our amazing and diverse team, learning and helping others to learn something new every day.
About your role
- Build and maintain scalable, cost-effective, and reliable systems with technologies such as Kubernetes in GCP cloud environment
- Improve our CI/CD process and increase the level of automation at Yassir in order to increase our efficiency
- Play a key role in handling incidents, and support engineering teams with their infrastructure needs
- Develop infrastructure as code as required
- Introduce processes, documentation, best practices, and tools that would help our engineering teams be more productive
- Automate deployment and scaling processes to minimize downtime.
- Continuously improve infrastructure and processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
About your experience
- Technical Skills :
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role building and maintaining large-scale, distributed infrastructure environments in the cloud
- Strong experience with Linux administration and scripting languages (Bash, Python, TypeScript, etc)
- Proven Experience working with Containers and Container Orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Proven Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform, CDK for Terraform, Pulumi
- Proven Experience working with cloud infrastructure and services (GCP, AWS, Azure) with at least 1 year of experience building and maintaining services in GCP
- Previous experience with CI/CD processes
- Previous experience with Node.JS or Python
- Strong understanding of network protocols and security best practices.
- Familiar with relational and non-relational database models (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis)
- Experience with ElasticSearch, LogStash, and Kibana is a plus
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana is a plus.
- Other key skills and traits :
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, creative, and critical thinker
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Organized and obsessive about details
- Hard-working, passionate, and looking to embrace the challenge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment or in remote
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company’s culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC