Showmax is an internet TV service. What sets Showmax apart is a unique combination of hit African content, first and exclusive international series, the best kids’ shows, and live sport. For a single monthly fee, get unlimited access. Start and stop when you want. No ads. Cancel anytime – there’s no contract. Stream Showmax using apps for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles. Manage data consumption using the bandwidth capping feature. No internet? No problem – download shows to smartphones and tablets to watch later offline. Showmax was born in 2015. The service is available throughout sub-Saharan Africa and to selected diaspora markets worldwide. For a free trial, visit www.showmax.com.
- Support the General Manager, Senior Finance Manager BP and Reporting and CFO in financial reporting and finance partnering functions.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of all Showmax financial reporting, management reporting, budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for managing procurement process (tracking spend against budgets).
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Design, maintain and improve upon robust budgeting model (record trends, understand drivers, correlations, sensitivities, dependencies)
- Facilitate and take responsibility for Showmax budget and forecast planning cycles
- Perform analysis and provide commentary on month-end variances against budgets, forecasts and prior years
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of monthly rolling forecasts for Group submission
- Extract, combine and summarise data to analyse the financial impact of new initiatives and effectively communicate key findings to senior leadership to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions
- Responsible for developing metrics and reports to provide monitoring for new initiatives
- Proactively partner with the Showmax business to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve bottom line business performance and ensure that change initiatives are implemented
- Tracking business financial objectives, as well as projecting and monitoring run rates to ensure that set targets are met
- Provide adequate input for adhoc analysis and requests pertaining to outlooks and projects
Financial Reporting and Operations
- Responsible for preparation of month end reporting packs for analysis (actuals vs budgets and reforecast)
- Adhere to Group reporting deadlines including month end, forecasts, budgets, half-year and year-end
- Review/prepare and finalise schedules and reports for statutory reporting packs for half-year and year-end reporting periods
- Business partnering with the rest of the finance team and teams
- Responsible for preparation of presentations to stakeholders
- Consult with the Shared Services and auditors to prepare and assist with internal and statutory audits
- Responsible for driving discussions with the shared services team to address system and process issues
- Tracking and management of the procurement process and related key stats
- Perform reconciliations as required
- Prepare required schedules and documents for tax purposes
- Responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Provide Group and Board reporting
- Manage Cashflow
- Perform Scenario analysis and develop Business cases
- Certified Accountant
- A minimum of 3+ years in a Financial accounting/analyst role
- 5+ years in a financial environment
- Detailed commercial and financial acumen, balanced with creative flair
- Hands-on experience with financial analysis, modelling and report building
- Industry understanding and experience would be advantageous
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
Join Africa’s most loved storyteller!